Fractions for dummies - Operations - Simplifications - Conversions - Reductions -
How much is 2/3 + 1/4 , 2/3 + 42/666 ?
Simple operation : 2/3 + 1/4 ➽
Fill-in the two fields = terms
with any number, and the result appears in fractional form and
Tap the result
field to invert the fractional and decimal representations.
You can tap one of the operations keys (+,-,x,÷) at any time to select the current operation.
A number may be :
- An integer : 1, 4567, ...
- A fraction : 2/3, 5670/67890, ...
- A decimal number : 0.5, 3.14159, ...
- Tip : Numbers which appear in red can be simplified. Touch these numbers.
- Ex : 42/666 "TAP" --> 7/111 .
- Tip : Use the sub-total key ∑ to perform a chain of operations like : 1/2 + 1/3 ∑ + 3/4 ...
- tap a RED number to simplify (reduce) it.
- tap a field to select it and modify it.
- ⊗ : to delete the last entered digit.
- ⊗ : to clear a field.
- two times ⊗ : to clear all fields.
- +,-,x,÷ : to select the current operation.
- Sub-total : ∑ : to re-use the last result as first term.
- ↕ : to exchange the first and second fields.
- Memory : ↓ : to recall the last value. Touch many times to scroll through the history.
A term (single field) may be expression like 56+78 , 666-42, 12*111, ...
Tap two times an operator +, -, x, ÷ to enter it in a field.
Decimal numbers are automatically converted to the simplest
with precision 0.000001 .
- 6.6 ➽ 33/5
- 6.66 ➽ 333/50
- 6.666666... ➽ 20/3
- 0.123456... ➽ 10/81
- Fractissimo can also be used as a simple 'standard' calculator.
- Prime numbers have a light salmon color background.
Did you download 4-Calc
for iPhone ? Percentages and Rules of Three for dummies, and free.
Send a question
or a comment
© Echolalie & J. Tramu